Saturday, January 9, 2010

Orientation Week

I start school tomorrow and I don’t really want to.  This first week flew by!  I met so many new people and made a ton new friends.  The only bad thing that has happened was my sonicare not being able to charge so I have to use a normal toothbrush for the next couple of months. I moved in on Monday, and have yet to meet my roommate.  Hopefully she will be here tonight.  This week we also had our orientation and I still need to change some of my classes around.  It is a lot harder to add and drop classes here than at the UW so hopefully I can get everything figured out during the first week of classes.

Yesterday we went on a city tour where we went to The Peak, Stanley Market, and the Avenue of Stars.  After a long day of sight seeing a bunch of us went to Korean BBQ!  It was so good!! Then we ended our night in “Bar 4B” which is what we call our guy friends flat because we are always hanging out there.

Sorry this isn’t very detailed:  I don’t really have a lot of time write now.  I will try to write more often though!


This is my dorm room.


The view from my flat.


This is the view from The Peak on Hong Kong Island.


Me and my new friend Mike from USC on the Avenue of Stars in TST (Tsim Sha Tsui).

2 comments:

  1. I have to laugh - when I was in NZ, I thought I'd plug in my Sonicare too - but on the thing somewhere or in the manual [i dont know how i found out] it says not to plug it in to any foreign outlets..because it won't work again when you get back in the states. So..I had to buy a new one. You look like you're having soo much fun! Keep it up, I loove stalking you! :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe the weather got better after I left, so jealous! Isn't the view from the Peak amazing? I wanted to take you there but I knew you would go there anyway. =) Also, Kyle and I are planning to come for Spring Break! This time you get to translate everything and be my tour guide, haha.

    ReplyDelete